FCL specialises in solutions for the freight and logistics industry. Because of this specialisation, we have built up an exceptionally high level of expertise in our chosen domain and have been able to develop ForwardOffice, a best-of-breed product for this industry sector.
When it comes to financial systems, there are many commercially available, quality, products that have been developed by equally specialised software companies, who also have an in-depth understanding of the requirements of their own vertical market.
FCL’s view is that there is no point in re-inventing the wheel – and that there has never been a case for FCL developing its own financial system to integrate directly with ForwardOffice. Our philosophy has always been to provide our customers with choice and flexibility. Rather than tie our customers to any specific product, we want them to have the freedom to choose a similar best-of-breed accounting product that satisfies their specific requirements. Marrying such a financial system with ForwardOffice can provide a powerful synergy.
The ForwardOffice Accounts Interface module provides exactly this capability with a bi-directional interface between ForwardOffice and variety of industry-leading financial accounting systems, enabling a smooth flow of information between the two.
Account details and Sales/Purchase transactions are input within specific areas of the ForwardOffice application, and then posted to the relevant ledger. The interface is bi-directional, allowing account status information to be extracted back from the ledgers and then made available to staff when working within ForwardOffice, thus providing the basis for comprehensive credit control.
Since the bulk of data entry can take place within ForwardOffice, this leads to greater accuracy and efficiency, delivering significant productivity gains within the accounts department. In addition, the availability of accurate credit control details reduces your company’s financial exposure.
- Financial systems currently served by the ForwardOffice Accounts Interface include:
- Safe Financials ** see below
- Open Accounts
- Pegasus Opera
- Sage Line 50
- Sage Line 200
- Sun Accounts
- Facility to generate Sales/Purchase Account Numbers within ForwardOffice and interface complete customer account details to accounts system
- Retrieves balance and credit limit details from ledger package to update ForwardOffice database
- Details of current credit position made available at time of booking
- Debtor Days Position
- Aged Debt Analysis on demand
- Access to credit control diaries
- Fax or e-Mail generated copy invoices
- Sales transactions raised within Sales Invoicing, or Purchase transactions logged within Job Costing, are automatically posted to Interface “buffer zone” at dayend
- Transactions are posted from “buffer zone”, in batches, to relevant ledgers
- Manual or automatic posting procedures
- Internal date stamping of all transactions
- User-defined mapping of nominal code structures
- Includes support for Sun Accounts “T-Code” analysis feature
** Safe Financials is the recommended Financial system for use in conjunction with ForwardOffice and we believe that this combined solution is the best possible package for the forwarding industry. With a long-standing development partnership between Safe Computing and Forward Computers, there is tight integration between the two products that includes real-time account creation, balance checks, transaction postings and e-Document storage. This seamless integration both reduces the duplication of data entry and ensures that the operations team have all the relevant data at their finger tips to assist them in making strategic business decisions.