While some freight and logistics providers may sub-contract their transport and distribution functions, a substantial proportion will nonetheless operate their own fleets of vehicles for both domestic and international transport. For the larger operator, managing dozens or even hundreds, of vehicles in an efficient manner can present a real challenge.
The ForwardOffice Equipment Control module provides centralised control and status monitoring of all vehicles and items of equipment operated by your company, from tractor units and trailers to smaller collection and delivery trucks and vans.
Each and every item of equipment can be recorded in a central database, with user-defined configuration settings that can be tailored to reflect your fleet’s operating requirements. Reports can be easily obtained to facilitate follow-up of MOT and service due dates.
This optional module incorporates an interface to Roadfreight Operations for automatic updating of cross-border movements, and also to Transport Operations for domestic collections and deliveries. Comprehensive reporting options provide the user with a simple, yet effective, means of tracing the status and location of any item of equipment.
The Equipment Control module allows you to replace unwieldly manual systems for service follow-up, location and profit reporting. It can be of particular benefit to the larger operator, helping to boost efficiency and maximise equipment utilisation.
- Flexible approach to Equipment identification
- Range of user-defined Equipment types
- Range of user-defined Equipment Status codes (eg Empty, Delivering, etc.)
- Record internal and external dimensions and load capacity
- Record up to three service dates (e.g. MOT)
- Report on any type of Equipment due for some form of service
- Integrated with the Diary Management system, enabling unlimited memo or follow-up records
- Record of tyre numbers, their axle position, date of fitting and supplier
- Operational warnings of upcoming services
- Record Equipment location and status
- Integrated with Import and Export Roadfreight modules, providing automatic location and status updates
- Integrated with Transport Operations, with automatic status update facilities
- History and analysis of location and status
- “Vehicle Off Road” status control
- Automatic recording of revenue and cost accruals
- Full job costing and profit reporting