As the name implies, Foundations delivers an underlying infrastructure on which the entire ForwardOffice application is built and around which all other modules revolve.
ForwardOffice’s modular architecture means that the customer has the flexibility to create a system that is tailored to their company’s specific requirements. The wide range of modules that comprise ForwardOffice integrate seamlessly with each other, but because they are built upon the same Foundations, they have a standardised “look-and-feel”.
The overall infrastructure provides a user-friendly menu system and a common set of tools. Whichever program option the user may have chosen, they will always be presented with the same core functionality, enabling them to perform all of their day-to-day tasks in a simple but effective manner.
Comprehensive System Management utilities provide the system adminstrator and senior management with all of the tools that they will require to manage the day-to-day running of the entire system, from automated data backups through to parameter configuration and user administration.
- Flexible “Menu Column” structure, hot-keys and buttons for instant access to a variety of standard options
- “Hyperlinked” validation database maintenance (e.g. Countries, Ports, Currencies, Terms, etc.)
- Name and Address and Contact database maintenance
- Name and Address database reporter and Mail Merge utility
- Telephone and Contact lookup at any point
- Communications Inbox and Outbox access at any point
- “Batch Control” and “Soft Dates” for repeat and overnight report processing
- Sophisticated Diary Management, both personal and category-related
- Integral Document Management allows any printed output to be manipulated/edited
- Any printed output can also be despatched as an external message
- Standard Text/Letter/Message library
- Enterprise-wide “Correspondence” Management
- Form design tool for Documents, Letters, Reports and Manifests
- Interface Form design to the Database to enable automatic form filling or Mail Merge
- System Management:
- System and user activity monitoring
- Automated data backups
- User-friendly Data recovery utilities
- Scheduling of overnight housekeeping and reporting jobs
- Background process management
- Database management utilities
- Printer management, supporting matrix, laser or thermal printers, incorporate sup-port for laser printer ‘masks’
- Communications Management
- Company parameter configuration
- Module parameter configuration
- Program-specific parameters
- User-Definable Menu structure, tailoring options to specific users or groups of users
- Allocation of general security levels to each Menu option
- Allocation of specific ‘User-Privileges’ for sensitive functions